Rentals at The Hermitage
Jaqua Hall, located in the Hermitage Education and Conference Center, is an elegant 1,650 square foot meeting and banquet room with an adjacent warming kitchen. The room is available to rent for private parties, fundraisers, and other catered events.
Four sets of French doors open onto a 1,200 square foot, stone-paved patio, which can be tented. A fifth set of doors opens onto a small private terrace.
Call the Office at: 201.445.8311, ext. 102 for pricing and additional information, thank you.
- To ensure that your event runs seamlessly, at least one museum staff member will be on site during the event.
- Docents are available to give tours or provide information about the house museum and its collections
- On site storage is not available.
- Catering supplies, additional rentals, deliveries, etc. must be arranged with the museum staff
- Upon request, the Museum can provide a list of recommended caterers.
- There are two public restrooms and coat closet near the entrance of Jaqua Hall
- Rentals include the use of the parking lot, warming kitchen, trashcans, 100 chairs, 10 round tables (seating 8-10), 20 oblongs tables (seating 6-8), and access to the surrounding grounds
- Jaqua Hall seats a maximum of 100 guests.
- The use of nails, stickpins, tape, paint, or any other material that could have irreversible effects on
Jaqua Hall, the Museum or its collections is not allowed.
- All decorations must be removed from Jaqua Hall at the end of the event.
Approvals & Fee Deadlines
- All applications for special events are subject to approval by the Executive Director.
- There is an additional fee of $250 to erect any tents on the ground. Cost of tent rentals and inspections is the responsibility of the client.
- A signed contract and a non-refundable deposit of 50% are required to confirm your event date.
- Payment of balance is due 30 days prior to the event.
- Alcohol permits cost $100 and must be sought at the time of contract or 8 weeks prior to the event. All alcohol permits are subject to state approval.
- All clients must submit a Hold Harmless Agreement prior to the event
- It is the responsibility of the client to obtain insurance for the event. Proof of insurance must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the event.
Photography at The Hermitage
The historic grounds of the Hermitage are available for wedding and other group photography. As a New Jersey State Park, all photography on the grounds, regardless of the party size, requires a permit.
Guidelines for wedding and other group photography on the grounds of The Hermitage Museum:
- Advance reservations are required for all wedding photography. Reservations can be made no earlier than 60 days and no later than 14 days before the event.
- A fee of $75 is payable upon making the reservation. The fee covers a maximum of two hours. If the session is canceled due to rain or snow, $50 will be refunded. No refund will be made if the session is canceled for any other reason.
- Permits can be obtained by contacting the museum office.
- Photographs are limited to the Hermitage grounds only. Photographs in the interior of the historic house are not permitted.
- The grounds are available 10am to 5pm on weekdays and 1pm to 4pm on weekends. However, special arrangements can be made upon reservation. Access to bathrooms and other facilities may be limited depending on time of reservation.
- Access to the property during the photo shoot is restricted to the wedding party only. No other wedding guests are permitted on the grounds.
For additional photography information call 201-445-8311 or email@example.com