As a New Jersey State Park, The Hermitage Museum requires a permit to take wedding photographs on the grounds. In addition, because we rent our facility for private events, we cannot reserve dates for wedding photography until 60 days before your event is scheduled to take place. The reservation, executed permit, and full payment must be made at that time.
The following are our guidelines and fees for use of The Hermitage Museum grounds for wedding photographs:
- Pictures may be taken outside on The Hermitage Museum property only. The interior of the historic house is not available.
- An advance reservation is required and can be made no earlier than 60 days and no later than 14 days before the event.
- The wedding party alone (maximum 20 persons) may come onto the site during the photo shoot.
- The park's gates open at 1 pm and close at 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Special arrangements can be made for sessions that begin before or end after those hours; indoor facilities such as rest rooms, however, will not be available.
- A fee of $150 is payable upon making the reservation. The fee covers two hours maximum. If the session is canceled due to rain or snow, $80 will be refunded. No refund will be made if the session is canceled for any other reason.
For further information or to obtain a wedding photography permit, call the museum office at (201) 445-8311, ext. 102, or email Leslie Naghshineh at firstname.lastname@example.org.